Last week I recieved the Cricut Explore and I must say it is amazing.
I am new to Cricut so I don’t know much about the older machines. But It took me a while to make the choice buy a older machine or just spend a little more and get the newest. I am so glad I chose the newest, I love it and everything about it. I have already made a ton of projects in the last week including 3 sets of flash cards for my kids. Those will be in posts this week. I will be getting back into my blog to show all of the wonderful things I am creating. But before we get into all of the awesome crafts let me give you 10 reasons why I love the Cricut Explore.
10. It has a place to store my tools and extra blades when I am not using it.
9. A slot to put all of my tools while I am using it.
8. The mats store convently underneath it or it is a great place to set you paper for the project you are working on if you dont have a huge workspace.
7. It comes with a neat carrying bag for taking some where or if your like me who has a toddler who wants to get into it.
6. Design space….Shows you exactly what your project is suppose to look like before you make it. No more guessing what goes together, it is already done for you.
We are only half way through don’t you love it already?? I know I do
5. You can cut and write or cut and score at the same time…..it sounds amazing and it really is
4. You can share your projects with other people so they can make it exactly like you did. Which is great for crops
3.It is so quite, my husband was a asleep less then 10 feet from it and never noticed I was using it
2. You are not limited to just Cricut markers. There are many many more that work. (I will have a post on that soon stay tuned)
So there was a tie for the last two I just couldn’t decide which Iliked better so they both became number one
1. You can upload and cut your own images… Yes you read that right your own .svg, .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, and .dxf files absolutely free. And you can even use fonts you already have on your computer. Isn’t that amazing??
Last but not least you no longer have to buy all the cartridges because you can buy images for as little as $0.99, or you can subscribe for only $9.99 a month to unlimited use of over 25,000 images and 200 fonts. Thats insane right??? Only thing I have found is Licensed cartidges are NOT included in that but you can always buy the few that are licensed right??
So there is so many great things about this machine. I love everything it can do, like the tiny little details and can cut as small as 1/4″ but shhh I have cut sall then that and it turned out amazing
Then there is the make it now projects where the only work you have to do is puting it together. I sets up the mats and gives you pictures and directions.
The canvas option is great. You can set what you are working on, no more guessing sizes all you do is select canvas and you can even customize then to fit how you want it. So then you can make sure everything fits perfectly and no more wasting paper.
And there is that smart dial all you do is turn it to whatever setting you are cutting no more adjusting the blades. It does it all for you.
It also comes with a tips and tricks guide and a few materials to get you started.
How great does the CricutExplore sound? I love it, so glad I made the decision to hop on the Cricut train. It is avaible in stores March 15th and it is already available for pre-order online. As I said in the beginning this is my first Cricut machine so I have done a lot of research on the older machines to make sure this was the best one for me, which is how I was able to write this post about what is better about the Cricut Explore.
I am in no way affiliated with Cricut I bought this machine on my own and this is my own opinion